ParcelShield Unveils ParcelShield Platform
An all-in-one parcel management solution to plan, monitor, and predict on-time delivery of packages, with advanced reporting and analytics to increase operational efficiencies, reduce delivery risks, and improve the customer experience.
ORLANDO, Fla. (September 19, 2023) — ParcelShield Holdings, LLC (“ParcelShield”) — the leading provider of technology-enabled predictive parcel tracking and patient engagement solutions for the healthcare industry — announced today the launch of the ParcelShield Platform for healthcare providers. The comprehensive parcel management platform supports specialty pharmacies, health systems, and hospitals to plan, monitor and predict the successful delivery of critical medical packages in real-time across today’s complex supply chain and package delivery journey.
The ParcelShield Platform allows organizations to track and monitor the shipment of parcels and identify at-risk packages throughout the delivery process. The ParcelShield Platform includes the ability to proactively communicate package delivery information directly to patients on behalf of the pharmacy. The ParcelShield Platform captures and stores the proof of delivery documentation on every package. With the ParcelShield Platform, there are no more concerns about when the package is scheduled to arrive. The customer is assured that their purchase is on its way to the intended destination. The shipper’s operational team will experience increased productivity when managing the shipment of packages and communicating with their customers, all from a single intuitive and easy-to-use package management solution.
“Whether you are partnering with a carrier or courier, any delays by your delivery partner can impact your business reputation, increase your operational costs, and reduce revenue growth for your business,” said Kirk Nilson, CEO of ParcelShield. “The ParcelShield Platform provides an all-in-one solution that helps healthcare providers streamline their shipping processes and reduce risk while improving patient outcomes.”
Additionally, the ParcelShield Platform offers the ability to plan and predict the on-time delivery of packages. The best way to ensure a package is delivered on time is to avoid shipping into high-delivery-risk areas. ParcelShield provides organizations with the ability to identify shipping destinations with high delivery risks, such as extreme temperatures or delivery conditions. ParcelShield Platform provides a five-day outlook of deliverability capabilities across a carrier’s infrastructure and can identify the best carrier service delivery levels to ensure on-time delivery of packages.
The ParcelShield Platform combines Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technology to determine packages at-risk and predict and prevent package delays. It gives the pharmacy and patient the confidence that critical patient medical packages will arrive on time and at the correct location.
The ParcelShield Platform offers the following risk assessments and analysis:
- Zip Code Analysis: a risk mitigation report provided before the start of business each day. The report provides carrier performance risk assessment based on carrier historical performance in every zip code in the United States, indicating areas that have higher than normal delivery risk.
- Package Analysis: a proactive tool that allows you to analyze each shipped package by entering the point of parcel origination and destination. ParcelShield leverages Artificial Intelligence to provide a holistic view of potential risks related to the on-day delivery of the package. It includes a comprehensive risk assessment comprised of four conditions, environmental, recipient, carrier, and route.
- Environmental Risk: the daily zip code analysis report that identifies any environmental risk at the predicted carrier route, including temperature at every point in the journey.
- Recipient Risk: tracks frequent shipping to the same recipient. The ParcelShield Platform maintains a history of every shipment to help you understand if this person has had delivery issues historically so you can adjust your delivery options.
- Carrier Risk: a benchmark report on carrier performance data and analytics to identify the risk based on the carrier’s overall performance.
- Route Risk: ParcelShield’s Artificial Intelligence tracks the carrier route for each shipment. Route risk identification is used to identify potential points of delay with the projected route and create a route risk score.
ParcelShield Platform provides advanced analytics and reporting, which offers a snapshot of every package shipped, details of transit, if it arrived on time, and if it encountered problems, during the package delivery. Our robust analytics and insights dashboards provide real-time on-day package delivery performance, by day, week, and month on individual carrier delivery performance and performance benchmark data across all carriers.
ParcelShield provides predictive analytics and support services that reduce risk for shippers and improve patient or end-user satisfaction. ParcelShield has artificial intelligence and machine learning predictive models that provide real-time, carrier agnostic, deliverability risk-insight to prevent package distress before it happens. And when disruption and distress are unavoidable, ParcelShield deploys support services to track, communicate, and intercept critical packages to close the final mile, reduce loss, and deliver for the patient or end user. For more information about ParcelShield, please visit www.parcelshield.com.