Award honors specialty pharmacies for their commitment to patients
LOUISVILLE, Ky.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The specialty pharmacy team of Humana Pharmacy, the mail-delivery pharmacy service of Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), received the Specialty Pharmacy Patient Choice Award in the PBM/Payer Specialty Pharmacy category for the second year in a row. The award is presented by MMIT and Zitter Insights.
Humana Pharmacy’s specialty pharmacy team offers enhanced clinical management programs designed to seamlessly flow between medical and pharmacy benefits. As an entity of Humana, the team has the unique opportunity to integrate with all facets of the organization; this provides the team the ability to encourage specialty medication adherence through chronic condition management for those patients with a specialty medication which can include rare diseases/disorders.
Humana Pharmacy is continually improving capabilities to create a better experience for the customers they serve. Examples of the specialty pharmacy team putting care and patient satisfaction first include:
- Personalized Experience: For patients with chronic, complex health conditions, the team provides a personalized experience throughout their treatment, offering access to a disease management team member and clinical nurses who are experts in patient’s specialty condition.
- Assisting Patient: The team supports patients with chronic, complex health conditions in applying for patient assistance programs to cover the cost of their specialty drug, makes it easy for them to access Humana’s clinical programs and applies a practical approach to managing side effects.
- Enhanced mail delivery capabilities for specialty medications: Humana Pharmacy partnered with ParcelShield® to ensure the safe and secure arrival of specialty medications. By utilizing ParcelShield’s platform, the team can proactively detect when there might be a problem with a package delivery – such as weather and air travel issues – in order to prevent delays in customers getting their therapy.
“For patients with complex, chronic conditions, medication adherence is key to helping them stay healthy. Our specialty pharmacy team is committed and dedicated to our customers, helping them to engage in their health which in turn leads to better health outcomes,” said Scott Greenwell, President, Humana Pharmacy Solutions. “This award showcases that the work we do for our patients is being noticed by them and it resulted in this exceptional recognition from them, two years in a row.”
The award recognizes organizations for their commitment to the field of specialty pharmacy and patients. Winners were selected based on the results from the Zitter Insights 2018 Patient Satisfaction Survey (January-December 2018). The surveys – on average – surveyed 4,000 patients per quarter.
The award represents the highest quality in customer service and optimal patient care by a specialty pharmacy. The criteria for this award were formulated by an external committee comprising individuals representing pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers, trade organizations, consultants and equity research firms. Humana Pharmacy was among eight finalists in the Payer/PBM category.
For more information on Humana Pharmacy’s specialty pharmacy team visit: www.humanapharmacy.com/specialty
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to helping our millions of medical and specialty members achieve their best health. Our successful history in care delivery and health plan administration is helping us create a new kind of integrated care with the power to improve health and well-being and lower costs. Our efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
To accomplish that, we support physicians and other health care professionals as they work to deliver the right care in the right place for their patients, our members. Our range of clinical capabilities, resources and tools – such as in-home care, behavioral health, pharmacy services, data analytics and wellness solutions – combine to produce a simplified experience that makes health care easier to navigate and more effective.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases and conference calls
- Calendar of events
- Corporate Governance information